ONLINE BULLETIN BOARD FOCUS GROUPS (BBFG)
Bulletin Boards are highly involved discussions that unfold over extended time frames and are similar to a message board or chat room. Like a traditional focus group, participants are recruited according to specific screening criteria. What makes BBFGs unique is that respondents can participate/log-in at times convenient to them and they can log in multiple times to add additional comments or insights.
Bulletin board focus groups provide high quality research results when working with audiences that have a high level of interest in, or personal knowledge about, the topic. We believe the methodology lends itself best to exploratory discussions and the investigation of opinions and behaviour patterns.
BENEFITS OF BULLETIN BOARD FOCUS GROUPS:
- Greater geographic reach
- Facilitates connecting with hard-to-reach audiences
- Provides anonymity and therefore encourages candor
- Gives respondents the opportunity to reflect on the research topics and give a more thoughtful, considered response
- Can engage a larger audience, or conduct multiple discussions in a very short time frame
- Convenient for participants as they can log in any time of day
- Can easily share various forms of media (pictures, video, audio, web)
- Clients can log in any time and monitor the discussion without having to commit several hours to get to and observe the groups